This week: Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters.
1. Neville Longbottom – or Luna Lovegood – or Hagrid – or Fred and George Weasley… okay, there are a lot to choose from, but I’ll keep it to those three as my favourites. (I consider Ron and Hermione MAIN characters just FYI, though Harry obviously is the protagonist). Obviously from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
2. Grandma Mazer (By The Numbers series by Janet Evanovich) – Stephanie Plum’s grandma is a firey old lady.
3. Indigo Montoya – The Princess Bride by William Goldman. I love him. (“You killed my father. Prepare to die”).
4. Foley – Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. Foley is an awesome, snarky, super smart Centaur. (I also highly appreciate Butler and Julius Root).
5. Cloud – Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce. the darkings are actually awesome too (they show up in book #4: The Realms of the Gods)
6. Cinna the Stylist dude in The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Cinna was brave, and fabulous!
7. Eowyn – She kicks some witch-King butt in Lord of the Rings! (J.R.R. Tolkein)
8. Matthew and Marilla – in Anne of Green Gables (and Davey- who shows up in later books). Brother and sister, Matthew and Marilla couldn’t be more different in personalities, but I love them both.
9. Mr. Collins – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. He’s not my favourite character, but he’s certainly memorable!!
10. Ms. Trunchbull – Matilda by Roald Dahl. Oh Ms. Trunchbull – such a mean and nasty person could certainly never be forgotten.