It was FANTASTIC! Definitely as great as the first one!
Alexia, demoted from her position as the muhjah, facing scandal and threats on her life, flees England and heads to Italy in search of the mysterious Templars. She hopes that they hold some of the answers to her surprising condition. Pursued by vampires who seem determined to kill her off, Alexia’s journey is definitely an adventure!
In the meantime, Professor Lyall has much to deal with in England, including an inebriated Lord Maccon and the disappearance of Lord Akeldama.
- Alexia’s character. She is such a strong female character – determined, smart, resourceful, and human. She is the type of person I’d like to have as a friend!
- the high-jinks and adventures!
- Alexia’s love of pesto
- Professor Lyall is much put upon, but a fantastic character as well. Okay, he’s not the only one I love. Alexia, Lyall, Lord Maccon, Floote, Madame Lefoux, Biffy, and Lord Akeldama are all well-rounded and interesting characters!!
- the incidental steampunky goodies (like mechanical ladybugs and of course Alexia’s parasol).
- the ending is not an infuriating cliffhanger
- there is a sequel!
I do think I give this one another 5 / 5!