Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish over HERE. Because they like lists. I do too! This week, it’s the Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier (maybe it’s Goodreads or your library or different resourcers etc. etc.). I’m going to get to the top FIVE.
1. Goodreads. I definitely check most if not all of the books I read for what Goodreads users rate them as, before trying them out myself. www.goodreads.com
2. My Public Library. I definitely get MOST of my books from the library – mostly downloads / e-books and some paper books. (There’s not a super convenient branch, so when I want a paper book I tend to buy it, borrow from a friend, or wait to put a bunch on hold at once).
3. Other Bloggers / Commenters – it’s nice to get comments / feedback and also see what other people are reading and whether or not I want to pick those books up too!
4. Time to Read. I have a shorter commute (only half an hour!) and I’ve taken a break with some of my after-work activities during the summer, which gives me more time to read. Unfortunately, I drive to and from work and there is NO time in my busy day to read on a break, but I do occasionally snatch an afternoon or lazy sunday where I get to read all day.
5. My husband. He’s instrumental in helping me find time for reading or blogging – and catering to my book addiction. I also sometime bounce things off of him, and have used him as a test subject for books I think I’ll find difficult.
What helps you?