This week it is the Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels:
1. Entwined by Heather Dixon (see review here).
2. Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding. Olivia is such an engaging, interesting character… I feel like there could be so many great sequels to this book.
3. The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell. I’d love to see more by Merrie along these lines. A sequel or another retelling!
5. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. (Review coming soon!)
5. Plugged by Eoin Colfer (Reviewed here). I think you could still have fun with Daniel!
Okay, this is where I am stumped. This topic is problematic for me because most of my favourite books DO have sequels / are part of a series. So, I’m going to have to interpret this theme to also apply to books that are the last in a series.
6. Mastiff by Tamora Pierce. I love love love Beka Cooper and although this has a great ending, I would still love to read more about her.
7. Talking to Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede. I didn’t get my fill of Daystar and Shiara!
8. The Blue Sword / The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley. I think The Blue Sword was written first and The Hero and the Crown came after, but since the latter is actually a sort of prequel, I’m not sure which to put on this list. I would love to read more about Harry (Blue Sword) or Aerin (Hero). (Or perhaps about the other people that Aerin helps?)
9. The Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce. Another by Tamora Pierce (who is hands down my favourite author btw) – I love the Circle characters. More please More!!
10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. This seems obvious – but I am definitely a huge HP fan and would LOVE to read more about either Harry, his kids, or the wizarding world.
What’s on your list?