I’m back on the bandwagon! At least for this week!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week is the Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition.
Here we go! I’ve decided to interpret this by listing not necessarily authors who aren’t well known in some circles but those who I feel like could be better known because they are in fact great. I wish that they were more well-known generally and appreciated by all, not just in their niche genre. In no particular order (and with links to their websites because I couldn’t be bothered with pictures today):
- Tamora Pierce – YA Fantasy with STRONG female Characters! I love everything she does! She just keeps getting better and better, from Alanna to Mastiff.
- Chanda Hahn – Author of The Iron Butterfly. Loved that series! Can’t wait to read more by her!
- Gail Carriger – Soulless, Etiquette and Espionage – need I say more? Steampunk YA goodness!
- Jaclyn Moriarty – Feeling Sorry for Celia, etc., this YA Australian author rocks!
- Kristin Cashore – Graceling is definitely one of my new favourites!
- Gail Carson Levine – Adaptations of fairy tales are the best, and Ella Enchanted is one of my favourite!
- Marissa Meyer – Cinder and Scarlet are fantastic YA fairy tale twists – with Cyborg and space flavours!
- Eoin Colfer – Artemis Fowl is brilliant, and I have thus far really enjoyed all of his other stand-alones, including Airman and Plugged.
- Robin McKinley – The Blue Sword and The Hero and the Crown remain some of my favourites 🙂
- Jessica Day George – I loved the Dragon Slippers books, in particular! Fun (more tween-targeted) author!
Hmm… this looks mightily like a list of some of my favourite authors. With a few missing, I guess!