Thank you Jess of Strung Out on Books for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It’s an award passed on by bloggers to blogs worth reading (blogs with less than 200 followers). It’s a fun way to share! I think there are several variations of this award floating around (from what trusty google tells me), but here’s the variation we’re going with:
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- LIST 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOU.
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF YOU (BY THE BLOGGER THAT NOMINATED YOU).
- NOMINATE 11 OTHER BLOGS FOR THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD AND LINK TO THEIR BLOGS.
- NOTIFY THE BLOGGERS OF THEIR AWARD.
- ASK THE AWARD WINNERS 11 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER ONCE THEY ACCEPT THE AWARD.
Sort of like a big chain mail in blog form? I’m in!
LIST 11 RANDOM FACTS:
- I don’t like soggy things, so I don’t mix my milk and cereal. I put the cereal in a bowl and take a sip of milk every time I have a bite. Weird, I know. I also don’t eat a lot of cereal. On a similar note, I like something crunchy when eating sandwiches.
- I apparently make lots of funny faces when reading books. I guess it’s because I get really into things.
- I hate running, but am currently training for a 5km in order to motivate my husband to be more active.
- I love being creative and have tried my hand at painting, knitting, and scrapbooking. I don’t do anything consistently but have spurts of creativity.
- I tend to stress-read. When I get really stressed, I pick a favourite quick read and stay up unitl I finish the book. Escaping into a book usually makes me feel better (but often it doesn’t help for very long)
- I recently got a TV – for the first time in about 7 years. We don’t have cable, and I am admittedly nervous that it will change our quiet evenings.
- I tend to play a lot of boardgames. My husband is big into boardgames, so we play a lot of strategy and complicated games. I do draw the line sometimes (e.g. I hate and won’t play Agricola and Twilight Struggle. I also won’t play things that will be longer than 4 hours MAX).
- I love Country music, and particularly love line dancing. I’m not very good at it, and only know a few dances.
- I love (and miss) the mountains. I’m not a super outdoorsy type person, but after moving across the country I realized how much I miss the Rockies. I miss them in the winter for the skiing and in the summer for the gorgeous green vistas and cabins and lakes. I kind of miss the West in general (though I’m happy here in the East!)
- I like to know the endings of things so I can mentally and emotionally prepare myself for bad news. This is why I find it so hard to try new books (though starting a blog has really pushed me out of my comfort zone!) because there’s no guarantee that they wont destroy me. (Again, I get very emotionally invested). This goes for books AND movies. Knowing what’s coming never ruins the ending for me, but actually increases my enjoyment. I also love re-reading good books (partially because I know what’s coming).
- I’m an SLP in my day job, so I spend all day sitting on little itty bitty chairs (or on the floor) working with kids or working on paperwork. I love discovering new kids books, particularly ones that target goals I’m working on!
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF YOU (BY THE BLOGGER THAT NOMINATED YOU).
1. If you could only read one book over (and over and over) again- no other books could be read- what book would you choose? Hmm. Tricky. Pride and Prejudice (to help me remember virtues, love, and that other families are crazy too).
2. What was the first significant song or book you’ve read/listened to? I think I would go with “You’re My Best Friend” for a significant song – it was the first song I’ve really considered significant anyway, and I haven’t got a clue which book came first.
3. How long have you been blogging? Not long. I started this blog in February, 2013 – so that’s less than 3 months.
4. What’s your favorite activity, excluding blogging? Reading. After that, hanging out with loved ones or friends.
5. Do you have a favorite thing to post about? Books that make me excited. Usually fairy tale adaptations are my favourite.
6. How do you come up with post ideas? Most of my posts are reviews… so I read the book?
7. Do you stick to one general topic/genre/theme? Generally, books.
8. What’s your favorite store? Chapters.
9. Do you prefer TV shows or movies? Movies mostly because they’re quick, but I have a few shows that I enjoy but am new to watching.
10. What’s the last movie you watched in a theater? The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. (It’s sad how long I had to thing about that).
11. If the internet sudden disappeared(for whatever reasons), how would you react? I would probably sob uncontrollably while clutching my lifeless computer. And then go to the bookstore.
NOMINATE 11 OTHER BLOGS FOR THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD AND LINK TO THEIR BLOGS.
- YA Review
- The Grown Up YA
- Alice in Readerland
- Book Gossips
- Belle of the Library
- MegaMad 4 Books
- Hardcovers and Heroines
- Agent Minty
- Off the Straight and Narrow
- Such a Novel Idea
- YA Book Stop
MY 11 QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES TO ANSWER:
- What has inspired you this week?
- What do you like about blogging?
- Pirates vs. Ninjas?
- What are you reading right now?
- Where is your favourite place to visit?
- What is one thing you’d like to accomplish this year?
- Facebook vs. Twitter?
- What’s your go-to book/author?
- Where would you love to travel?
- What are you waiting on, if anything?
- What’s the best part of spring (or whatever season you’re currently enjoying)?
Thanks all! It’s been fun!