Tuesday again! How time flies! This week it is the Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun. Top Ten Tuesday’s are a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
I feel like I have many fun, light reads, but here are some that I return to:
1. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. If you haven’t read this one yet, pick it up!!! (My favourite adaptation of Cinderella!)
2. Anything by Janet Evanovich, particularly her romance stories. I enjoyed Smitten but she’s got a million. All very light, fluffy, quick reads. They do tend to follow a formula (thirty-something quirky female lead, hot guy, some sort of barrier to them getting together, crazy antics, and usually a firey little old lady / comic relief character).
3. Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones.
4. Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George (see review here)
5. Matilda by Roald Dahl (or really any of his classics – The BFG, The Witches, James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, or maybe The Twits). Matilda was my childhood favourite.
6. A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony. I feel like the Xanth books, particularly the first ten or so, are all pretty fun and light and full of puns.
7. Bloomability by Sharon Creech. This was a go-to light / fun read for me for a while.
8. Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris. I’m not normally into Vampires, and I haven’t seen the True Blood TV series (which is, as I understand, derived from and not always true to the Sookie Stackhouse books). I did, however, really enjoy this series – I think I read the first box set and then sort of fell off the bandwagon as I didn’t have them readily available after that. Sookie is a tough, funny heroine! (Not Young Adult).
9. The Borrowers by Mary Norton. Still love this one – such a fun idea!
10. Nerd in Shining Armor by Vicki Lewis Thompson. This is a romance novel – silly but fun. (Not Young Adult – there are some R-rates scenes).
Any recommendations for fun/light books? Feel free to comment!