It’s Top Ten Tuesday again (thanks to The Broke and The Bookish over at http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.ca/ )!
Top Ten Characters I Would Crush On If I Were Also A Fictional Character (in no particular order):
- Mr. Darcy – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Obviously – swoon!
- The Scarlet Pimpernel (whose name I wont reveal if you haven’t read the book) – The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy. I love his risk-taking and hidden passion.
- Corlath – the Hill King in The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley. He’s so brooding and intense!
- Gilbert – The Anne of Green Gables Series by L.M. Montgomery.
- George in The Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce. He’s the perfect balance for Alanna and I still like him when you see him in the Trickster series.
- Farmer in The Beka Cooper Series by Tamora Pierce. I love how perfect he is for Beka! I love that he’s funny and makes her laugh.
- Daystar – Talking to Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede (I so loved him as a young girl haha). I also love Daystar’s dad, Mendanbar. Is that creepy? Yes. But I just pretend they aren’t related – after all, lots of time passes in between Searching for Dragons and Talking to Dragons. Maybe I can think of them as brothers?
- Fred and George Weasley – Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. I loved the twins. I told my husband I want red-headed twins and I will name them Fred and George. But then I realized that I might be dooming them to the fate in the books and I couldn’t handle that so I take it back.
- Briar Moss – The Circle of Magic series / The Circle Opens series / The Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce.
- Wesley – The Princess Bride by William Goldman. This may be slightly influenced by the movie, which is kind of cheating because I saw the movie first, but I still love him.
I feel like I’m missing some, but those are the ones that come to mind. I haven’t really loved any character that I’ve met in recent reads. I guess I did really like Jack in Blood Red Road by Moria Young, and also James Easton in The Agency series by Y.S. Lee, but I can’t quite commit.
Do you have a crush-worthy fictional character to recommend?